It is absolutely undoubtedly very true that the response to Windows 10 has been overwhelmingly positive. An astonishing millions of computers now run Windows 10,. Microsoft latest operating system update. This operating system has been claims a huge improvement compared to the disaster Windows 8. Microsoft has spent years rebuilding parts of the operating system and soliciting feedback from partners and users. The most wonderful thing which Windows 10 has bring itself which the people loves the most is the Start Menu. It has made it’s triumphant return and replaced the Start screen which everyone hates the most. It also includes numerous new features such as Cortana and the Edge browser. Now though because of such applicable and enhance features it appears very efficient and completely reliable but it is also the fact that nothing in this world is perfect. So with the Windows 10. it is also not perfect at all. One can expect to run into a fair number of issues with this version of Windows operating system.
Here in this article some problems with their solutions have been discussed :
Installer hangs for hours or reboots continuously
Sometimes while upgrading from a ‘genuine’ Windows 7 or 8.1, one can prompt for a Win10 key. At this time click Skip. One can also do this later or Next. It is suggested to bother trying to find a Windows 10 key. In this situations though it may take certain duration of time for the activation routine to figure the error out but chances are very high that the Windows will detect the error of it’s ways and will not bother again. But still one can get repeated prompts. In that case it is suggested to implement the below discussed instructions :
- First of all make sure that all the nonessential hardwares are disconnected. Regarding this unplug all hard drives other than the C:drive, yank the external hard drive, disconnect unnecessary peripherals such as smart card readers, extra monitors, weird keyboards etc. It is also recommended to turn Wi-Fi off and plug into a router with a LAN cable.
- Then it is suggested to make sure that you have the right upgrade i.e., 32-bit for 32-bit machines and 64-bit for most. In a case if you have started with Windows 7 starter, Home Premium or Windows 8.1 then it is suggested to install Windows 10 home or if you have been started with Windows 7 Pro pr Ultimate, or Windows 8.1 Pro or Pro for students then it is suggested to install Windows 10 Pro.
This error is generally reported during upgrading Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. Actually often while upgrading the installation process get stuck at 25%. This is the step where install files are copied to the destination partition. Here because of the occurrence of this error, the copy process stops at 84% and setup drops error code 0xC1900101 – 0x20004. Due to the occurrence of this error, an error message reported is :
Error 0xC1900101 – 0x20004
The installation failed in SAFE_OS phase with an error during INSTALL_RECOVERY_ENVIRONMENT operation.
To fix Error: 0xC1900101-0x20017, -0x30018, -0x20004, execute the below discussed instructions:
- Uninstall the Antivirus / Internet Security Suites
- Then eliminate all the unused SATA devices.
- After that convert dynamic discs to basic disks.
- In the next step eliminate all the unused devices and drivers.
Error: “Something Happened 0x80070005-0x90002”
Like several other Windows 10 error, it is one of the most popular and generic error which means that the installer can’t work with a file that it needs. To fix this error, it is advised to execute the below discussed instructions:
1. First of all disable all firewall and security program.
2. Then reset Windows Update by going to KB 971058 and executing the Fixit.
3. After that execute the Windows 10 installer again.
4. If the issue still persists, turn off the AV and firewall back on and then implement the instructions at KB 947821 to execute DSIM or the System Update Readliness Tool.
5. Finally at last turn off the AV and firewall and then try installing Windows 10 again.
Error 80240020, 8007002C, 80246007, 80070004
To fix this error, it is recommended to follow the below discussed instructions:
- First of all browse to “C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download” and remove the contents of the folder.
- Then press Windows key + X > Click Command Prompt and then type “wuauclt.exe /updatenow”. Press Enter.
- In the next step open Control Panel > Windows Update and Windows 10 should start downloading. After that press Windows key + X and click Command Prompt (Admin).
- Then type in at the prompt or Copy and then paste the below given lines once at a time : (Press enter after each)
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- It is suggested to make sure that for the computer simple machine name has been used, minimum 8 characters. Click Start, right click Computer and then tap properties.
- Windows 8 users, press Windows key + X > click System
- Click Change settings under Computer name, domain and workgroup settings.
Just like several other Windows 10 errors, it a also a disastrous and generic error which need to be fix quickly right after detection. To resolve this error, one need to convert the drive or partition from NTFS to GPT. In order to manually wipe a drive and convert it to GPT:
- First of all turn off the PC and put in the Windows installation DVD or USB key.
- Then bot the PC to the DVD or USB key in UEFI mode. Regarding more information, it is suggested to see Boot to UEFI Mode or Legacy BIOS mode.
Then from inside Windows Setup, press Shift+F10 to open a command prompt window.
- Finally at last open the diskpart tool and type ‘dikpart’.
- In the next step identify the drive to reformat and type ‘list disk’.
- Then select the drive and reformat it:
Type: select disk <disk number>
- After that close the command prompt window.
- Then continue the Windows Setup installation.
While choosing an installation type, select Custom. Then the drive will appear as a single area of unallocated space. Then select the unallocated space and click Next. After that Windows will begin the installation.
Source – Technet.Microsoft.Com
One can encounter error code 0x80d02002 while upgrading to Windows 10 TP Build 10074. This error actually occurs because of the third party software conflicts or several virus might have corrupted the windows update components. In this situation it is recommended to reset the Windows update components manually. Regarding this execute the below discussed steps:
- First of all open CMD (Command prompt) and run it as administrator.
- Then copy the commands discussed below and paste it in the CMD all at once.net
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
- Then after implementing it close the command prompt.
After executing the above discussed steps, go back to the Windows update option and check whether the error is fixed or not. In a case if it do not works then the chances are high that the error might be occur because of the region mentioned in the Windows is incorrect. So, to fix this issue it is necessary to check whether the region updated in the PC is correct or not. Considering that purpose, implement the below discussed instructions:
- First of all type Region on the start screen.
- Then click Settings and press Enter.
- After that a ‘Format’ tab will be shown, user need to select ‘English (United Kingdom)’.
- Then click “Languages Preferences “> “Add a language” and after that add “your language “.
- After the proper addition of the language, select it and click “Move Up” to make it the first language. Then close the Language window.
- In the next step click on “Additional Settings” in the ‘Region’ window and check whether the values are same or not.
- Finally at last click ‘Location’ tab and modify the Home Location to “your country” and then click OK.
It is not very specific that you will encounter all above discussed error messages. So, it’s all up to you that how you willing to troubleshoot all errors while installing Windows 10. Here in the article we have try to cover all the most faced Windows 10 error. So, going through this will definitely help you in getting rid of errors occurs while installing or upgrading to Windows 10.
For additional information regarding Windows 10 Installation Issues.