Bucbi ransomware, a two-year-old ransomware has come back with new targeted attacks and a new brute force technique. Recently it has been spotted by researchers at Palo Alto Networks being infecting a Windows server demanding a 5 bitcoins (or $2,320) ransom. Along with this, it has also been reported that now it do not seeks victims as it used to do two years ago, instead of that now it targets attacks. It mainly targets the corporate networks running Internet-available RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) servers. Besides from all this it has also been reported that this updated variant of Bucbi ransomware do not need to utilize an Internet connection to spread it’s infection after acquiring penetration inside the compromised laptop. Once loaded it begins the encryption process via taking up all the victim’s file hostage. Now after finishing the encoding procedure it generates README.TXT file and drops it in the desktop stating :
So, according to the claim of developer of this malicious program they are the members of Ukrainian Right Sector, which is actually a far-right Ukrainian nationalist political party. Though it has been presume that via this threat the “Right Sector” might be trying to fund their needs by propagating Ransomware but undoubtedly it is not the truth at all. However the fact is that the the cyber criminals who develop this virus just utilizes the name of “Right Sector” to scare computer users and then urge them to pay certain amount of Ransom money.
The developer of Bucbi ransomware makes utilization of other ways than the maximum ransomware-type virus do to make their proliferation inside the laptop. It infiltrates inside the laptop via RDP brute force attacks. It has been reported that crooks who develop this infection makes usage of “RDP Brute (coded by z668)” tool. This tool is basically intended for the purpose of guessing the right login and password of the target computer. Thus in order to protect the PC from such such kind of Brute force attacks it is suggested to adjust the Local Security Policy and make sure that the computer lock itself after someone enters an invalid logon info many times in a row. Aside from that one should also use a strong password for the device. Now along with this it often makes it’s distribution among the user’s PC via scam emails. Often commonly frauds in order to trick users send vicious files concealed as notifications from law enforcement agencies, banking institutions, well-known companies etc and the user open them. So, to avoid this situation it is suggested to check whether the sender of email is known or not before opening it. Besides from this downloading and installing several freeware and shareware applications without paying close attention to the installation process is also a major cause liable behind the invasion of this threat inside the laptop. Thus it would be not wrong to say that to stay away from all such kind of disastrous issues and to make an efficient utilization of PC, an urgent eradication of Bucbi ransomware is required. Considering that purpose it is suggested to implement the below given manual instructions since it has been proven that via their implementation one can remove malicious threats from the PC.
Manual Removal Of Bucbi ransomware :
Step 1 : Uninstall Bucbi ransomware and all other unwanted/ unfamiliar/ suspicious softwares from Control Panel
Window 10 users :
- Press the Windows key + I to launch Settings >> click System icon
- Now in system screen, click on App & features on the left side
- After that on the right side, click on icon of Bucbi ransomware or other program which is to be uninstalled >> click the Uninstall button.
Windows 8/8.1 users:
- First of all press the Windows key + Q together
- Now type Control Panel and then click the icon
- After that click Uninstall a program
- Finally at last right-click on Bucbi ransomware or any undesired program and then click Uninstall.
Windows 7/Vista users :
- Click the Start menu and then select Control Panel
- Access Uninstall a program
- Now right-click on Bucbi ransomware or any other unfamiliar program and then click Uninstall
Step 2 : Eliminate Bucbi ransomware associated add-ons/extensions from web browsers
For Google Chrome users :
- Firstly click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar
- Now click “More Tools”
- After that select “Extensions”.
- Finally at last find Bucbi ransomware associated extensions and then click the trash can icon
For Mozilla Firefox users :
- First of all click the Firefox menu button >> click Add-ons to open Add-ons Manager
- Then in the Add-ons Manager tab, select the Extensions or Appearance panel
- Now select the unwanted or suspicious add-on associated with Bucbi ransomware.
- Finally at last click the Remove button.
For Internet Explorer users:
- Launch Internet Explorer
- Then click the Tools button and then click Manage add-ons
- Now click Toolbar and Extensions
- After that select suspicious add-ons associated with Bucbi ransomware and then click Disable.
Wenn Sie nicht diese Sprache kompatibel mit der Lösung, die Sie wollen gefunden, dann können Sie diesen Raum überprüfen für alle Arten von Malware-Infektion Entfernung – Windows-Threat Entfernung
For Microsoft Edge users :
Though Edge do not have extension/add-on but yet Bucbi ransomware may get download hijacker to modify the homepage or search engine. Thus one need to reset the default homepage or search engine on Edge.
- Reset the default search engine to eliminate Bucbi ransomware associated hijacker virus
- First of all select More (…) on the address bar and then Settings.
- Now click View advanced settings
- After that click <Add new> under “Search in the address bar with” , then input the search engine you like:
- Then select the search engine you like and after that click Add as default.
- Reset the homepage page on Microsoft Edge to eliminate homepage redirect virus downloaded by Bucbi ransomware
- Firstly select More (…) on the address bar and then tap Settings.
- After that under Open with, select A specific page or pages
- Now select Custom to enter the URL of page you want to set as homepage.
Step 3 : Locate and eliminate all the vicious files of Bucbi ransomware and associated infections
In this step access the Registry to find and eliminate Registry keys by yourself. Regarding that perform the below given operations:
Press the Windows key + R together >> Type “regedit” in the Run box and hit Enter key >> Locate and remove all vicious registry files created by Bucbi ransomware and other harmful threat.
In a case if the implementation of the above instructed steps help you out in removing Bucbi ransomware from the PC then awesome otherwise it is suggested to visit here – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ransomware